Wednesday, May 30, 2012

May 30, 2012


May 30, 2012

We left the campground at 8:00 and drove to Laurel, a trip of about 60 miles.  The first thing we did in Laurel was to eat breakfast at McDonald’s.

Afterwards, we found three caches.  None of them were very difficult to locate.  From there we took Hwy. 28 to the small town of Soso to find the one and only cache there.  Soso is now marked off my “Go To” list of towns with interesting names.

For our next destination, I wish that I could have a drum roll for this event.  We took back roads to Hot Coffee, which as towns go, is very small.  They did have a small, but well stocked general store.  One could buy shoes, t-shirts, ice cream cones, hoop cheese (I bought some of it), an array of groceries including souse (a pickled loaf of pig parts, I think...I didn’t buy any of that), and nails, just to name a few things.  It was an interesting place to visit and it has been on my list of towns to visit for several years.

By the time we got back home we had traveled 160 miles.  It was a really great day.

Before going to bed, a thunderstorm blew in.  I like going to sleep to the sound of rain on the roof.

No comments:

Post a Comment