Sunday, May 27, 2012

May 27, 2012


May 27, 2012

We kind of loafed around this morning waiting for the Indy 500 to start.   As races go, it was OK.  I like the guy who won and his wife, Ashley Judd, was so excited she was hopping around like a flea on a hot skillet

By the way, I going to tell you something about myself that most of you don’t know and those who do know have probably have forgotten or couldn’t care less.  I did a lap at Indy several years ago.  I spun out on turn three and hit the wall.  But it was a fun thing to do, anyway.

Here’s the rest of the story:  We were in Indianapolis several years ago with a walking group.  We were allowed to walk the track for one lap.  My spin amounted to turning around a couple of times and bopping the wall with the side of my fist.  

Walking around was a fun thing to do.  The track is quite impressive and seldom do they let people in for extra activities.  We were just lucky!

Next on the agenda was the NASCAR race from Charlotte Motor Speedway.  The race was 600 miles long, which was too long in our humble opinion.  The outcome was to our liking, though.  Kasey Kane took the checkered flag!

I think Bill and I are just about “raced” out.  It was, however, nice to spend the hot day in our air conditioned coach.

No comments:

Post a Comment