Monday, April 14, 2014

April 14, 2014---Brent’s in Brandon, Mississippi


It started to rain last night at 10:00.  There was some lightening involved, but mainly just very hard rain.  Bill said he thought it was the hardest rain we had been in since we got the Country Coach.

It poured all night long.  At 4:55 this morning a weather alert was sent to my cell phone.  There was a threat of flooding in the area.  We weren’t too concerned about it.  Brent’s house is in a very high area.  The only one higher around here is Mr. Bill next-door.

This whole area is built on hills.  Unfortunately, Mike and Amy’s house is down lower and their backyard totally fills up, to the backdoor.  Three times more today we have received weather alerts.  I hope they are OK.

I have been having some trouble with my iPad.  One of my games wouldn’t open.  It was frozen!  This afternoon, Brent and I went to the Apple Store.  They are always helpful.  The game was on iCloud, but I couldn’t get it to reload.  The problem was soon solved, as soon as the technician turned the iPad off and back on again.

Good grief!  I was embarrassed.  And Bill, who knows next to nothing about hi-tech things, usually suggests that I turn a “problem” off and back on.  Ugh!  This time he didn’t tell me.

I swore Brent to secrecy, but when we got back home, I “fessed up.”  Quite often we have to shut our printer off, and it usually corrects itself when we turn it back on.

I guess I will have to keep the Old Guy around.  He can tell me what to turn off and on.  Luckily, for me, he still turns me on!

Tomorrow is our anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment