Wednesday, April 2, 2014

April 2, 2014---Foscue Creek Campground, Demopolis, Alabama


As usual, the morning got off to a slow start.  I really didn’t want to get up and face the day.  I just wanted to snuggle back under the covers and make a nest for myself.

But, alas, I had things to do!  We went in to town again because I needed to go to Walmart.  With that taken care of, we went to search for a couple of geocaches.  

The first one was at a beautiful old plantation house dating back to the 1820s.  It was made of gleaming white marble...absolutely gorgeous.  Too bad it was a DNF.  We spent about 20 minutes searching.

The GPSs took us to the edge of the McDonald’s parking lot.  But again, as before...no luck.  Two DNFs and no finds for today.  Drats!

We went to a deli in a grocery story for lunch to take home with us.  After eating, we both took naps.  All of this running around took its toll on these two old folks.

I spent the rest of the day finishing the jewelry project and getting the “mess” cleaned up.  Yea!!!  Tomorrow I get to work on something else...probably crosses.  I like to keep a few on hand in case I meet someone that I want to give one to.  I gave my last one away in Columbus, Georgia.

No comments:

Post a Comment