Friday, April 4, 2014

April 4, 2014---Foscue Creek Campground, Demopolis, Alabama


By 9:00 this morning, we were having very hard rain.  Bill planned to burn old tax records in the fire ring at our camping spot.  Just as he was ready to “strike the match” the skies opened up and put the flame out.

I spent the morning working on crosses and watching the rain.  There were people out on the river “terrorizing” the fish.  I think it was wetter in the boats than in the water.  I’d guess if you like to fish the weather doesn’t matter.

We went into town to eat lunch at Captain D’s.  While waiting for our lunch order, I met the sheriff from Greensboro, Alabama.  (Don’t worry, Michelle.  I wasn’t under arrest.)  Sheriff Hudson told me some interesting things about the area.

We had planned ot a stop at Walmart before going back to the MH, but it was raining even harder.  After being home for about two hours, the rain tapered off and patches of blue sky were visible to the west.

Bill took advantage of the break in the weather to burn things. I’m glad he was able to complete that task, because we didn’t want to have to keep lugging those old records around with us.

By the time darkness had come I’d finished four crosses.  It was a productive day.

No comments:

Post a Comment