Saturday, April 5, 2014

April 5, 2014---Foscue Creek Campground, Demopolis, Alabama


It was a sunny day today, but with threats of a storm to come on the Weather Channel.  It never did make it, but Bill pulled the slide in at bedtime, just in case.

After breakfast I had Bill take everything out of the cabinet above his side of the bed.  I spent most of the rest of the morning packing and repacking the things up there.  One more big, unpleasant task out of the way!!!  Yea!

After lunch I made another cross, which Bill hung on the wall at the end of my desk.  I really do like it there, with my plants and a few seashells around.  The wood on the cross is from the redwood swing in Brent’s backyard.  Willie chewed on the swing when he was teething.  So this cross is made out of “Willie wood.”  Brent and Bill dismantled the swing on one of our visits.

I had planned on making two more crosses before I put this project away, but I ran out of steam.  I need to get on to other jobs...maybe not as much fun, but important, just the same.

We drove into Demopolis to check out the main part of town.  There were some really beautiful homes to see.  We found a cache at one of them.  We also went to the marina, before looking for another hidden “treasure” at an old school which is now being used for community theater and things like that.

Before going back home, we went to Burger King.  Practice, practice, practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment