Wednesday, April 9, 2014

April 9, 2014---Forest to Brent’s in Brandon, Mississippi


Just before 9:00 this morning, we were on I-20 making our way to Brent’s house.  Yippy, Skippy!

We traveled 50 miles today.  The town of Brandon is spread out over a large area, much of it in a country setting.  It took us about as long to get from I-20 to Brent’s house as it did to get from Forest to the actual town of Brandon, which is on I-20.  

When we arrived at 202 Overland Lane, Brent was mowing the grass where we park the motorhome.  It didn’t take Bill long to get us set up.

I needed to go to the Post Office and Brent needed to take Sara’s lunch to her so off we went.  After completing those two tasks, Brent wanted to know if there was anywhere else I wanted to go.  I said, “Only if you want to go somewhere for lunch.”  So off we went to Fannin’s, one of our favorite places for “down home cooking.”

Our friend, Polly, came to take me to deliver the necklaces I made for her sister’s shops.  We didn’t stay gone too long because Amy was coming at 3:30 and I didn’t want to miss her.  We made it in time.

It was good to see Sara and Coleson when they got home from school, but soon they were off seeing their friends (Sara is very social) and riding bikes.  Coleson rides his bicycle every chance he gets, and it was a beautiful day to be out riding.

Brent fixed crawfish, potatoes, and sausage for dinner.  It was really good.  And eating crawfish is kind of a social affair.  A lot of talking went on, because it takes time to peel and eat the little critters.

No comments:

Post a Comment