Thursday, April 24, 2014

April 24, 2014---Brent’s in Brandon, Mississippi


Brent’s allergies have been causing his problems for several days, but today they were worse than ever.

In spite of that, he and his dad continued on their woodworking project.  I was doing things in the motorhome.  At noon, I gave them four options...go out for lunch, I would go get something and bring it home, we could fix sandwiches at home, or “drop back five and punt.”

Brent chose option one, and seemed to feel better when he got something to eat.  Bill’s old standby, PNBJ, was his choice.  I, of course, voted with Brent.  Was there any doubt?

We went to a new place that specializes in BBQ, but they also have daily lunch specials.  We opted for the specials.  Bad choice!  We had two possibilities, because they were out of the third one.  We both decided on chicken and dumplings, which were OK, but the special side dishes were limited.  I ordered green beans, which are always good.  Well, almost always!  Not today.  We both ordered twice baked potatoes.  I suspect they weren’t made today.  They were a strange texture and not very tasty.  Brent had mac and cheese.  it was OK...nothing special.  The best part was the dessert, which was listed as “something” chocolate.  It was actually a frozen strawberry and whipped cream concoction.  It was quite tasty!

On the way home, we got Sara from school.  Brent was to take her for a manicure.  Coleson was to get a haircut when he got out of school.  I volunteered to take Sara.  She also needed shoes.  There is to be a wedding in Louisiana this weekend and Keltie’s whole family will be there.

After Sara’s nails were polished to perfection, she said her mother would take her to get shoes.  That was fine with me.  I wasn’t looking forward to that part of the excursion.

I took Sara to Keltie’s work place and continued on my own errands.  It was after 5:00 by the time I returned home.  I made a full afternoon of it!

Before bedtime, rain had started to fall, but the major storm passed us to the north!  We could breath easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment