Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April 1, 2014---Foscue Creek Campground, Demopolis, Alabama


I had thought, as an April Fool’s joke, I might text all the kids that their dad and I were “splitting the blanket” after nearly 54 years of marriage.  Then I thought better of it.  Either they wouldn’t believe me or they might go into cardiac arrest.

And besides that, if I didn’t have Mr. Wonderful in my life, who would give me a “good morning” hug and whisper “I love you” to begin the day.

After working on my jewelry project for awhile this morning, we decided to drive into town for lunch.  When we were looking for a chicken place, we spotted McDonald’s and decided to cut the hunt short and eat there.  

Bill and I have decided that we don’t speak the same language as some of the employees.  It was nearly like an April Fool’s joke.  Oh, my!  Our order was wrong, even though she had repeated it back to me...I think!  The next time we will continue to hunt.

Not long after we got back home and I was working on my project again, we had company.  The lady next door wanted to see my beading work.  She stayed a long time and it was fun visiting with her, but it slowed my progress.  I had hoped to get to work on something different tomorrow, but its not going to happen.  

After dinner we went to visit with a couple who have a Country Coach and didn’t return home until 9:30.  It was interesting hearing about her very wealthy brother who owned a NASCAR team and who lives in a gated community in Charlotte.  His next-door neighbor is Rick Hendrick.  We spent a lot of time talking about racing.

But it was another delay to my project progress!  Oh, well!  That’s life in the fast lane.

No comments:

Post a Comment