Friday, April 18, 2014

April 18, 2014---Brent’s in Brandon, Mississippi


Today was Good Friday and the kids were out of school.  Sara was at her mother’s apartment, but Coleson wanted to spend the day with Brent.  I coerced Brent into taking Coleson and a friend of his, and me, Geocaching.  It wasn’t high on his list of things to do, but he was a good sport about it all.  I only heard him growl a time or two and just a little bit of whining escaped his lips!

We went to a city nature area.  We walked a total of about 3/4 mile on trails and then went off the “beaten path” to find a very small, cleverly hidden cache, according to comments written by others who had found it.  I’m sorry to say, we weren’t one of them.  We left it as a DNF!  Ugh!

After getting back to the parking lot, the two boys went in search of another cache at the front corner of the park.  Brent and I went in the car close to where they were.  Coleson had found the “treasure” in a magnetic key holder stuck to a fence.  He’s such a good cacher!

We went to Chick-fil-A for lunch.  They were incredibly busy, but we got our order fairly fast.  I had a chicken salad sandwich and it was really good.  Once back at 202 Overland Lane, the two youngins took off on their bikes.  The other two guys were working on a project in the garage.

Bill and Brent needed to go to Lowe’s for some lumber, so they left me a Michael’s.  I finished checking out at about the same time they got back to pick me up.  When we got back home, there was a lot of sawing going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment