Friday, June 13, 2014

June 13, 2014---Michelle’s in Loveland, Colorado


Thanks for being my backup, Lori.  Once again, you made it possible for the blog to continue its streak.

Shortly after calling Lori for help, I was in an ambulance, heading for the hospital.  ‘Ole Tex insisted on it and Michelle was on his side.  You can’t trust anyone these days!!!

You know how I love to joy ride, but this was not my idea of a good time!  Three paramedics came, as well as three fireman.  It was a chore getting me out to the motorhome.  The medics helped me to the door, and the fireman caught me as I came down the stairs.  I’m sure It looked like a three ring circus...how many clowns, er, people can you stuff into an ambulance.

The first thing they did was hook me to an IV and pumped anti-nausea meds into me.  After checking my BP, pulse, and temp (102.8°) they blasted my veins with more “relief.”  They provided me with a “barf bag” and away we went.  

Meredith and Michelle took over at the hospital.  I don’t remember seeing Bill, but knowing his attitude about hospitals, I wasn’t surprised.  It was quite awhile before the “M and M team” was allowed in my room.  By then, it was well after the bewitching hour, which was appropriate considering by then it was already Friday the thirteenth.   They went to the lobby to send him home and returned to take care of the “invalid.”

I had x-rays, more IV stuff, and poking and prodding.  By then I was beginning to feel better, but I was very weak. It had been two days since I had retained any food or liquid.  And I was weak before that.  Well, they decided I didn’t need to stay overnight, which was fine with me.  This place didn’t have either Sonic ice or warm blankets, so why stay?

Remember, I had appeared at their door in an ambulance, right?  And they had the audacity to ask if I needed a wheel chair to get to the hospital exit!  Those of you who know me and know I seldom use “inappropriate” language don’t know how close I came.  And it was a long way to the exit.

Bill was very surprised we we knocked at the MH door after 2:00 a.m.  I was glad to be home!

I spent the day resting and trying to drink lots of water and juice.  It was a warm day, so Meredith took me to her cool air-conditioned house for the afternoon.  I spent my time on a sofa, reading a book.  Joey was there to watch over me!

By dinnertime I was able to eat a small serving of mashed potatoes.  Nothing reappeared!  When I got back to the motorhome, I ate three crackers with peanut butter and jelly.  Yes, I am on the mend!

No comments:

Post a Comment