Saturday, June 7, 2014

June 7, 2014--Michelle’s in Loveland, Colorado


Meredith, Dwaine, and the pups came at 8:00 this morning.  Michelle and I were ready to go in search of garage sales.  We planned to be gone for two hours because Michelle had so much to do.

Dwaine knew of a neighborhood sale in the north part of Loveland.  There weren’t as many people participating as we had hoped, but we did find a couple of good bargains.

From that part of town, we went west to another neighborhood sale, where we found some good things we just couldn’t live without.  One part of this area had a very interesting housing situation.  There were town houses...several rows of them.  Between each two rows was a paved alley.  Each town house had a double garage on the alley.  I think this was the first really “garage sale” area I have ever been to.

Michelle bought a book, I bought a blouse, a winter sweater and a Bronco game, and Dwaine purchased several small tables.  I don’t think Meredith bought anything.  I thought I raised her better.  It’s never too late.  I’ll have to work on that.

It was a fun morning and we missed our 10:00 deadline by just a few minutes.  I did a lot of walking and got rather tired, so I wasn’t much use to anyone after that.

Michelle and I went to Panda Express for a take home dinner.  After eating, Joshua stayed at the table listening to Michelle, Bill, and me reminiscing.  It was fun.  He was laughing so much that one time he nearly got choked on his apple juice.  Those times with kids and grandkids are so much fun.  Joshua is a great kid...an important part of this family.  And when he smiles he has dimples...such a handsome young man.

No comments:

Post a Comment