Thursday, June 5, 2014

June 5, 2014--Michelle’s in Loveland, Colorado


Bill worked in the yard this morning.  When he came in, I told him he looked as if he needed a nap.  So, of course, he took my suggestion.  He’s not hard to convenience!

When he had rested enough, we went out to do some errands.  Our first job was to find a window screen for Connor’s room.  We went to Habitat Re-Store thrift store.  There weren’t any available in the right size.

Next we tried Home Depot.  Again, the right size was not available.  We could, however, buy the parts and make one.  In the meantime, we took the screen off Matthew’s window, patched it, and put it on Connor’s window.  That should keep the bees out of his room.  We’ll deal with Matthew’s window when he comes back from Oregon in a week or so!

We went to Sam’s Club, ate lunch, and made a couple of purchases before deciding it was time to go home.  There is only so much running around the two old people can do.

At 4:00, Meredith and I drove to Johnstown.  I had given her a stain glass window that I made years ago.  It had incurred some damage when we moved from Seaside to Gearhart.  When Bill and I sold the Gearhart house and “hit the road,” I asked my friend, Alvis, to store it at her house until I could decide what to do with it.  It was further damaged over the years.

Last summer, we went to Seaside and got the piece, picturing a waterfall.  It was left with Meredith until we could decide what to do with it.  About a month and a half ago, she found a glass artist who could fix it.  We went to Johnstown to get the finished project.  Although some glass choices were slightly different, it is still the window I created almost 30 years ago.

It is now hanging in Meredith and Dwaine’s living room window.  It looks beautiful in its new home!

No comments:

Post a Comment