Monday, June 2, 2014

June 2, 2014--Michelle’s in Loveland, Colorado


This morning I was feeling better than I have lately.  I decided to “make hay while the sun shines.”

I caught up on some desk work.  I get behind, very quickly, in our check book notations.  I am now caught up...for a day or two, at least.

Michelle and I went grocery shopping during her lunch break.  I survived walking up and down the aisles better than usual.

My household accomplishment for the day was cleaning out the refrigerator.  That’s always a fun job.  Our food supply is way down, however, so it wasn’t too much of a chore.

And then it was time to polish my fingernails.  I hate to admit it, but I didn’t do a very good job.  I may have to let Bill give it his best shot next time.  I was just a little too shaky to be successful.

While Michelle rested after finishing working in her office this afternoon, I started dinner.  While the meatballs were browning, I unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher.  Joshua came to my assistance, completely of his own idea.  I didn’t even have to play my “poor old grandma” card.  He’s such a good boy.

Michelle came to take over dinner duties, so I went out onto the deck to rest.  I think I over did it with all my activity today!  But after a good dinner and some rest and relaxation time, I perked up.  Meredith ate dinner with us.  Afterwards, she, Michelle, and I sat outside.  It was a nice evening.

It was a good feeling to have a productive day.  They are few and far between lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment