Sunday, June 3, 2012

June 3, 2012


June 3, 2012

We had a problem with our internet last night.  I had been on-line before dinner.  When I tried later to make the connection, it didn’t work.  I was in a near panic because I couldn’t post my blog.  I tried during the night with no luck.  Again this morning with no luck.  Ugh!

We decided the only thing to do at that point was to go to McDonald’s and use their free wi-fi.  Of course, that necessitated eating breakfast there.  

It was worth the trip because I was able to send yesterday’s blog and my tummy is happy, too.

We spent an hour looking for a Verizon store only to discover that it didn’t open on Sunday.  What a pain technology can be, but the good far outweighs the bad.

I spent over an hour on the phone with Verizon trying to solve our Mifi problem.  In the end, it was diagnosed as a SIM card problem.  It needed to be replaced.

The person on the phone searched around the Meridian area to find somewhere to get a replacement.  He wanted to get us back on line as soon as he could.  Waiting for tomorrow when the V. store opens wasn’t acceptable.  

He found what we needed at Best Buy.  They installed it for us and now everything works just great.  Yippy, Skippy!

It was nearly 3:00 before we got back home.  We watched the last hundred laps of the NASCAR race and then took long naps.  All this high tech stuff wore the Geezers out.

No comments:

Post a Comment