Saturday, June 9, 2012

June 9, 2012


June 9, 2012

This was a busy day for us, and a fun day, too.

We woke up to the sound of rain on the roof.  I enjoy the rain, but with Bill its a different story.  He remembers all the rain we had while living 20 years on the coast of Oregon.  To him, “rain” is definitely a four letter word. 

We watched qualifying for the NASCAR race in Pocono.  Three of “our guys” will have starting positions in the top 10, but Jimmie Johnson is way back.  The race tomorrow will be interesting to see how quickly he can work his way to the front.

Bill, Brent, Coleson and I went to Sam’s Club.  After eating lunch there, we split up.  Bill went to price new tires for the Honda.  Brent got a box of Hot Pockets for Coleson, and I priced iPads.  We made two other stops before returning to our cozy home on wheels.

I heard Brent, in his garage, working on his project.  I thought about asking him if he needed any help.  Instead, I decided to rest a bit.  An hour and a half later I woke up.  He had quit working by then.  Do I know how to get out of work or what?

Not long after that Brent came out to see if I wanted to go out to eat crawfish.  Bill wasn’t the least interested, but I never pass up an opportunity like that.  I didn’t realize it, but we were meeting friends at The Crawdad Hole.  

I have never eaten at a place where you have to bring your own things to drink.  We sat on their deck and ate crawdads and shrimp, boiled potatoes, and corn.  And talked and laughed the early part of the evening away.

Some of us wanted to watch the second half of the basketball semifinals, so we went back to Brent’s house.  He has been building a bar for Ed’s barbecue restaurant, so instead of watching the game everyone stayed in the garage around the bar.  The party didn’t break up until 12:30.

It was so much fun spending time with friends.  Brent’s friends are our friends, too, and that makes them extra special.

No comments:

Post a Comment