Tuesday, December 18, 2012

December 18, 2012


December 18, 2012

This blue sky day turned into a rather unusual one...and that isn’t always good.  I got packages ready to mail to Colorado and California...finally.  I must be more organized next year!  The fact that I actually got things mailed was a good thing.

Another good thing about today was that Brent and I went to Ed’s for lunch.  When we got there they were extremely busy.  And Robyn, Brent’s neighbor, was the only waitress.  Ed, one of the owners, was helping but they really had a room full.

So what else could I do?  I started bussing tables and getting drink orders for new customers.  Brent couldn’t believe I was doing it.  He texted his siblings to “tell” on me.  I met some really nice people, some of them new customers.  Since we have eaten there so many times, I was able to tell diners about things on the menu.  I had a great time doing it.  And Robyn took the orders, so I had the easy job.

I went to the Post Office to get things on their way west.  One of the postal employees helped me carry my boxes in from the car.  A gentleman customer helped me put the packages on the counter.  The postal worker was really pleasant and helpful.  Bill likes to tell me that being a little old gray haired lady has its advantages.  Today I proved him right!  Another good thing!

I went to Walgreens to have a 5x7 picture made.  They had two machines for customers to use.  I waited, and waited, and waited to be able to use instant printing machine.  The man choosing his pictures to print took a long time.  Then, as he was finally finishing his order, he pushed the wrong place on the screen and ordered instant prints.  He should have had them printed and come back for them.  Do you have any idea how long it takes to print 402 pictures on one of those machines?!  Ugh!  I finally had mine printed to be picked up later.  That experience was not a good one.

Things improved when Brent fixed lasagna for dinner.  Yum, yum!  Afterwards, it was time to decorate their Christmas tree.  Brent is a “scrooge” about trees and doesn’t like to do it too far ahead.  This year, he didn’t realize how time was flying by and he waited a bit longer than usual.  But the tree looks beautiful.

As I look back I guess most of the day was good, with only a speed bump or two along the way.




No comments:

Post a Comment