Friday, December 21, 2012

December 21, 2012


December 21, 2012

Weather report...clear and cold.  We were on our way Ed's for "fish on Friday" and two in the car are wearing shorts.  Yes, Bill and Brent seldom cover their legs, even when it is cold.  Bill says there is no pill for stupidity.  I won't go there!

Ed's was very busy, but they had plenty of help  I wasn't needed to clean off the tables.  Darn!  That was fun!  As usual, the food was good.

Instead of tartar sauce with my catfish I had Comeback sauce.  It is used not only as a sauce, but as a salad dressing.  Comeback sauce was first made in Jackson, Mississippi in the 1930s and is a true Mississippi creation.  There's a lot of pride in that.

We were invited to an "end of the world" party tonight at Mike and Amy's.  We have been requested to wear black.  In keeping with the dress code, Sara put black spray color on my hair!  

Natalia, our family makeup expert, said the spray color might not wash out for a couple weeks.  That might be OK.  I can tell people I'm Bill's trophy wife.  

As soon as I got home from the party I took a shower, partly to get the spray out of my hair, but also to get warm.  I was really cold at Mike and Amy’s house.

***Update to my Hide and Seek entry in yesterday's blog:  Lori's comment was “Willie must have learned to play Hide and Seek from Brent.”  When Brent was two, he loved to hide.  We would say, “Brent, where are you?”  He would say, “I’m hiding.”  That made our job a whole lot easier.  I like these trips down memory lane!

No comments:

Post a Comment