Saturday, December 8, 2012

December 8, 2012


December 8, 2012

I had a dream that it was snowing and I was trying to text the kids, but I couldn't make it work.  I was frantic.  I really wanted to share the excitement.  When I woke up there was no snow (drats), but there was lots of fog.  Now if the fog particles would just get really, really, really close together maybe they could pretend to be snowflakes and fall down on the ground.  By the time I had all of this figured out, the fog had lifted.  Shucks!

Coleson and Sara each had a friend stay overnight.  After a late breakfast, we decided to go Geocaching.  We found three caches before Brent called for a lunch break and pulled into a Zaxby's.  By the time we got back into the car Brent needed to go back home for a bit.

When we got there the overnighters' parents were ready to come for their kids so the "party" was over and it seemed like a good time for a nap.

At 5:30, we drove north to Canton for another tree lighting event.  Canton has a "quaint" downtown area that has been used in movies.  The Help used it for some of their scenes, as well as several locations in Jackson.

Brent nor I had ever been to Canton, so getting to the right place on a very dark night was an adventure.  If you need that translated you'll have to ask Joshua.

The courthouse square was beautifully decorated.  Some of the shops around the square were open.  We went into several of them before driving back to Brandon.

No comments:

Post a Comment