Thursday, December 20, 2012

December 20, 2012


December 20, 2012

We had rain off and on most of the night.  Then at 5:30, the rain became more intense and the wind started blowing like “gang busters.”  It rocked the coach for a couple of hours.

I had some important book work to do so I stayed home while Bill went to Sam’s Club.  That’s not a trip I like to miss, but I needed to stay on task.

At 2:30, I had finished the immediate concerns and could try to do the errands I left from yesterday.  I made fairly quick work at Walgreen’s and Dollar Tree, but as usual, Walmart took longer.

I purchased fried chicken and rolls for dinner.  Brent made really good ranch beans and mashed potatoes.  What a feast!

In spite of the cold, Sara and Coleson, plus four neighborhood kids went outside to play hide and seek.  Willie went out to join the fun, but before long, they put him back inside.  It seems he kept giving away the locations of the hiders.  It is hard to ignore the attention of a 105 pound golden retriever.  He had a good time while it lasted.  He just didn’t quite get the hang of the game.

The temperature this morning was 62°.  That was the high.  The wind blew all day long which made it seem much colder.  At bedtime it was 42° and was predicted to drop at least another 10 degrees.  Br-r-r-r-r!

1 comment:

  1. Willie must have learned to play Hide and Seek from Brent.

    ReplyDelete