Wednesday, September 11, 2013

September 11, 2013---Elks Lodge, Walnut Creek, California


This is a day in the history of our country that we must never forget.  Bill and I were in Marysville, California when Lori called and said to turn on our TV.  At that moment the second plane hit the building.  It was a dreadful sight to see.  I can only imagine what the horror at the site must have been like.  

I went to Lori’s this morning to stay with Tucker while she went to yoga.  I was working on a craft project and Tuck was curled up at my feet resting his eyes!  I enjoy the time I get to spend with any of our grand-doggers!

Bill fetched me at about 3:30.  Rush hour traffic was in full swing.  We are so glad we don’t have to endure that on a regular basis.  What a headache it must be!

When we got back home, I took a long nap.  Scratching a little dog’s back can really wear a grandma out.

I did some more work on arranging things in the new desk.  Davis Cabinets called to say the drawer knobs had arrived.  They will send them to Lori’s.  Bill sometimes has to help me open the “knobless” drawers, so I will be happy to get the shipment.

Pleasant Hill, where I was staying until Bill arrived and took me home, had an earthquake yesterday afternoon.  Lori didn’t feel it, but Natalia did.  I was already in Walnut Creek by then.  I “got out of Dodge” just in time, eh?  

No comments:

Post a Comment