Thursday, September 19, 2013

September 19, 2013---Walnut Creek to Fairgrounds, Antioch, CA


When Bill went into the Elks Lodge this morning to pay for another week of RV parking, he was told that there was going to be a large group of Elk RVers coming for the weekend and we would have to leave.  As Matt Dillon would say, “Git outa Dodge!”

So “git” we did.  Bill took me to Lori’s and then went to the Contra Costa County Fairgrounds to park the coach in their RV area.  It is twice as far away from Lori’s apartment, but when you are “run out of town on a rail,” it is always good to have a backup plan.

Tucker stayed with Natalia and Maddie while Lori and I went to Lori’s weaving class.  I went with her last year, and some of the same weavers were in the class this year, too.  It was nice to chat with them.  There is a lot of talent in the class, including Lori, and it was interesting to see all the weaving projects.

One of the ladies is Chinese.  Today she brought Chinese dates.  I had never seen them before.  They look like a small apple and had kind of a neutral taste.  She told me several times that they are very healthy to eat.

Bill came to Lori’s at 4:30 to drive me home.  On the way, we went to Lowe’s for PVC pipe.  And wouldn’t you know it, an In-N-Out was just across the street.  That’s #5!  

This evening, I worked on two bracelets, made progress on my alcohol ink project, and finished a Pendleton basket.  A good way to end the day, don’t you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment