Sunday, September 22, 2013

September 22, 2013, Antioch Fairgrounds

Bill and I got off to a slow start this morning.  When we got to Lori's apartment she and Tucker were gone.  I stayed there and Bill went back to the MH.

The residents come home not too long before Lori and I were to meet our friend, Jennifer, for lunch at the Corner Bakery.  The food was good, but the visiting was even better.  It had been a long time since I had seen Jennifer, so we had a lot of catching up to do.

After lunch, the two of them went for pedicures and I got a manicure.

From there, Lori and I went to the motorhome to get some things I forgot to take with me this morning.  On our way back to Pleasant Hill we stopped at Sam's Club to get a cake Lori had ordered. We went to set up for a surprise birthday party for Gail.  It was her 60th.  I stayed in the car with Tucker for awhile when Lori went into the bowling alley party room to set things up.

When I went inside, most of the work was done.  How's that for timing?  There were lots of people there, most that I didn't know.  I did, however, make some new friends and had a chance to touch base with people I've known since Lori and Natalia started bowling.  I also had a chance to talk to Gail's mother.  I hadn't seen her in several years.

I stayed at Lori's tonight because we got back from the birthday party late and I am on Tucker duty in the morning.  Being here will let me get some extra sleep in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment