Wednesday, September 4, 2013

September 4, 2013---Lori’s Apartment, Pleasant Hill, California


The weather seemed cooler today than yesterday.  There was a nice breeze blowing through the windows.  I was wearing a sweater and was quite comfortable.

When Lori got back from yoga, she took Tucker for a walk.  When they got back, we went to Michael’s.  We were looking for white plastic discs to use as the base for our alcohol ink creations.  We weren’t able to find anything even close to the ones we got in Springfield.  We will continue the hunt.

We went to a small Mexican place for lunch.  The food was good, the price was reasonable, and we were able to eat in their outdoor area in the shade.  Tucker was with us.  He’s such a good puppy.  He lay down beside the table and behaved himself.  When Bill gets here we will take him there for lunch and hope he will behave as well as Tucker did.  If so, we’ll let GP sit at the table!

We picked Maddie up on our way home.  Natalia had gone to work, so we snatched the little critter up and went back to the apartment.  She loves being here with Tucker.  However, we aren’t sure how Tuck would vote on the matter!  But he is tolerant!

Late this afternoon I called the Ben Franklin Crafts store in Springfield.  Yesterday, I had called to inquire about the white plastic discs that I had purchased there last year.  I was told they no longer had them.  They had been clearanced out, but if I called back today after 10:00 I could see if Amber, in the bead department, knew where I could get some of them.

Amber was most helpful, saying she would check in the stock room and call me back.  Fifteen minutes later, she called to say she had found some and would put them back for me.  I also ask her to add a couple more bottles of alcohol ink.  Then I called Bill to ask him to go to Springfield to the craft store (I think I could feel him shutter via the phone), go to the bead department (this time I think I heard him pass out from fear),  and retrieve the package for us.  Brave soul that he is, he said he would enter the unknown of that forbidden place.  What a brave, brave guy!

Tomorrow will be Connor’s 17th birthday.  I can’t even begin to describe how ancient I feel.


No comments:

Post a Comment