Tuesday, November 18, 2014

November 18, 2014---Michelle’s, Loveland, CO


Today was a busy day for me, and for Bill, too.  He’s my super driver.  

Our first stop was to see my dermatologist.  Tests showed that I had a basal cell carcinoma on the left side of my face.  There were two options (three if you count “do nothing”).  The first one was to surgically remove it.  The second was to scrape and burn it off.  Since it was only in the first layer of cells, that was my choice of options.

The procedure didn’t take very long.  When we are back here in the spring, I will have it checked again, and go from there.

At 4:00 this afternoon, Michelle took me to see the ENT.  The audio test showed that I had a little of the hearing back in my left ear, but not enough to function.  It was so minimal that not even a hearing aid would be successful.  I had another injection of steroids into my inner ear, in case there is any more room for improvement.  Each injection has hurt more than the previous one.  I will have the last one next Wednesday.  I’m really looking forward to that...not!

We went to get pizza for dinner.  Meredith joined us.  Joey and Hapa came, also.  Hapa always claims me.  Tippy doesn’t challenge her authority, but it is a different matter to Joey.  He just pushes his way through to get to me.  It’s so nice to be loved by the furry beasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment