Saturday, December 5, 2015

December 5, 2015—An RV lot in Yuma, Arizona



Bill and I got off to an early start this morning, going in different directions, to different types of activities.  Bill went to a geocache event…CITO (Cache In Trash Out) where members of local clubs clean parks, roadsides, trails, etc.  It is a volunteer service, where, as Sheila says…”cachers giving back to the community.”  Todd went with Bill to represent our “families”…wanderdanes and tobomca1.

While the guys went on that adventure, Bonnie and I went to a Craft Sale at the Yuma Fair Grounds.  There were many beautiful items for sale, as well as books by local authors, and a big plant sale, mostly cacti and other desert plants like that.  It was a big event with lots of people looking around.  Bonnie spent most of her time looking at handmade jewelry items.  I spent most of my time in the plant section, making two purchases, both of them small cacti.

Don, Bonnie’s son from the Bend area, arrived yesterday.  He was our chauffeur.  After the sale, we went to lunch at Sonic.  Bonnie knows how much I like going there.  I don’t think Don shared our enthusiasm, but he didn’t complain.

We were to meet Dwight and Sheila at Cracker Barrel for dinner.  They plan to go up to the Needles, California area for some serious Geocaching.  They are very good at finding long runs of caches.  We introduced them to the sport a month after we started.  They now have over 38,000 caches found.  Wow!  We have just over 6,300.

All in all, it was a very good day for me.  I thoroughly enjoyed myself, and I felt better than I have in a long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment