Sunday, December 6, 2015

December 6, 2015—An RV lot in Yuma, Arizona



Bill let me sleep a little bit late this morning.  It is a good thing because we had a very busy day today.

At 11:00, we met Todd and Bonnie for Cowboy Country Church, held at one of the large campgrounds north of the freeway.  The preacher played the guitar.  The fiddle player was excellent.  The first 45 minutes was music with about a 20 minute service.  It was very uplifting. 

Afterwards, we went to brunch.  There were nine of us in our group.  I ordered a short stack of pancakes.  I was served two of the biggest pancakes I have ever seen.  They completely filled the plate.  One of them completely filled me.  I couldn’t even finish the one.  I needed Connor there to help me.  He was my pancake eater when we were moving/traveling to Colorado in 2010.  Lillie, their dog, was with us also, but she didn’t get any pancakes.

I was tired when we got back to the motorhome.  I took a two hour nap.  That’s the longest nap I have had lately. 

We went to Todd and Bonnie’s at 5:30.  They had company from Florida.  They met years ago at an RV park in Daytona, I think.  Bonnie fixed spaghetti and salad for dinner.  Bill and Nancy, friends from Oregon were there also.  Don was there, too.  The table for four seated nine tonight.  We had a good time around the table when the meal was over.

When Bill and I got back to the MH we watched the recording of the Bronco’s game against San Diego.  Denver won.  Yea!  It was the backup quarterback’s third win since he took over for the injured Payton Manning.  It has been exciting to see Osweiler do so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment