Tuesday, November 26, 2013

November 26, 2013---Brent’s in Brandon, Mississippi


It was colder this morning than yesterday.  

Brent and I went toward Jackson this morning.  Our destination was JoAnn Fabric.  I was looking for some special beads, but didn’t find anything I was looking for.  A lady told me there was a bead store not far away, so off we went.

The store was well stocked and had what I had been looking for.  They were a little pricey, compared to Santa Fe, but I’m not there.  Beads are at a good price in Quartzsite so I will try to stock up when we are there in January.  Hopefully, Lori will be there, too, and we can shop together.

We went to the Trace Cafe for lunch.  There food is really good, but definitely Southern.  Brent had sausage with red beans and rice.  I had ribs with rice and gravy.  While we were eating, a guy told us of another place on north just a little bit.  We will try it out another day.  We are always on the hunt for new and different places to eat.

We were invited to Mike and Amy’s house for pulled pork sandwiches.  They were really good.  The party broke up fairly early because some of those in attendance are leaving town tomorrow for the Thanksgiving holidays.

I got back to Brent’s in time to watch the finals on Dancing with the Stars.  It was a good finish to a good season.  I agreed with who won, even though I didn’t vote.  I usually cast votes via the Internet, but I didn’t this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment