Friday, November 29, 2013

November 29, 2013---Brent’s in Brandon, Mississippi


This morning, I went to see Mr. Bill.  He and his wife, Claudia, live next door to Brent.  They are nice neighbors.  It has been so cold and wet since I got here I hadn’t seen either of them.  

Brent, Sara, and I went to Madison to eat at a buffet with “down home cooking.”  I will have to report on it at another time.  They were closed!

We drove back into Jackson to a Chinese restaurant.  The food was OK.  Some of their dishes were familiar, but “spicy intestines in hot pot” was a new one to me.  Sometimes I am adventuresome with food, but not today.  I ordered cashew chicken!

Afterwards, we spent quite a bit of time walking around their grocery store.  Some of the things we couldn’t identify,  but some we could.  In their fish market, they had several kinds of fish, as well as lobster, octopus, turtles, and frogs.  Yum, yum!

They also had roasted ducks for $15.99 each.  And fresh quail eggs and duck eggs.  It was an experience, to say the least!

And then it was back to Brent’s to watch a football game.  Later, we all loaded into the car, including Willie.  We took him to PetSmart to see how much weight he has lost.  Six pounds, so he still has a ways to go.  

Tonight, Oregon played Oregon State.  It is called the Civil War and has been played for 117 years.  The Ducks won by one point.  Wow, what a game!  It is one of the oldest rivalries in the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment