Wednesday, November 27, 2013

November 27, 2013---Brent’s in Brandon, Mississippi


I can’t give a weather report for today because I didn’t go out of the house at all.  But it looked cold!

Brent and I watched a Red Box movie this afternoon...Red 2.  He and I had seen Red a year or so ago.  Red 2 just came out not long ago.  I didn’t particularly like the plot of either one, but I really liked the actors.

I worked with beads off and on today, but really didn’t accomplish much.  Brent asked if my the beads weren’t cooperating.  He was absolutely right.

I spent part of the day wrapped in a blanket...the one Danna (Bill’s sister) left to me when she died.  I wrapped in it at her house, which was always cold.  It is brown and furry and she and I called it my mink.  Its permanent home is here at Brent’s.

I miss Danna and think of her often.  I’m thankful I was able to spend many hours sitting by her bed.  We never ran out of things to talk about.  And we laughed a lot, too.  I remember the time Bill came in and ask her where his woman was.  I thought she was going to get up out of her sick bed and throttle him.  We all had a good laugh when we told her the story behind it.

Tomorrow is Matthew's 15th birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment