Sunday, February 16, 2014

February 16, 2014---Yuma, Arizona



We started the day off with a trip to the Flea Market.  Yesterday, two ladies told me where they had purchased their outfits.  I wanted to check it out.

The man in charge of the booth was named Omar, as in “Omar, the Tent Maker.”  I noticed that there were no clothes in my size...only much, much larger sizes.  I asked Omar where smaller things were displayed.  He “insulted” me by recommending the size he thought I would need.  In my life I have run into a variety of salesmen.  He was in a class of his own.  Maybe he thought I needed a “tent.”  Anyway, it was funny (like a crutch) and just added a new experience to my list of many!

After eating lunch at home I started watching NASCAR qualifying from Daytona.  I went to sleep sitting in my chair.  Nap time!  When I awoke much later, our area had been abandoned.  Bonnie had gone shopping and Bill and Todd were geocaching.  I was all by my “lonesome” and it didn’t bother me a bit!

My only concern was the three of them returning in time to made a dinner date with Dwight and Sheila at In-N-Out (#10).  I didn’t need to worry.  This group rarely misses a meal.  We were able to get there at the appointed hour and had a great time eating and talking and celebrating Dwight’s birthday...kind of---no cake or singing!

No comments:

Post a Comment