Tuesday, February 25, 2014

February 25, 2014---Yuma, Arizona


This morning, Nancy picked me up to go to the Tuesday morning beading.  As usual, it was a lot of fun.  And the weather was so nice we were able to work at tables set up outside.  That is one of the great things about Yuma at this time of year...the weather.

While I was at my beading class, Bill and Todd, along with Bonnie and Todd’s friends from Canada, Marilyn and Paul, went geocaching.  It was their introduction to the sport.  They found four caches.  Bonnie was working at a bead shop in Old Town Yuma, so they met her for lunch.

I got home before they did.  As soon as they were back from their wanderings around the desert, Bill and I went to say “goodbye” to Glen.  We are planning on “hitting the road” tomorrow and we wanted to see him one more time before we depart.

We also went across the street to tell Jim and Pat we were leaving.  Pat has been sick most of the time since we arrived.  We visited her in the hospital several times after we got to Yuma.  She doesn’t seem to be recovering as quickly as she should.  It is a cause for worry.

Bonnie invited us for dinner tonight.  It was a good time to get acquainted with Paul and Marilyn.  Paul is a “hoot!”  He told me a fact that I have known for years, but had never put it into words.  He said, “Chocolate makes my clothes shrink.”  And all the while I was eating an Oreo cookie!

No comments:

Post a Comment