Wednesday, February 19, 2014

February 19, 2014---Yuma, Arizona


I had plans today to do some shopping.  We got off to a late start.  Our first stop was at Sam’s Club.  While we were there, Dwight and Sheila called so we went back to the motorhome to meet them.

Soon after we got there, Todd came home.  Marvin, a friend from across the street, came for a visit, too.  He needed help with his Garmin GPS.  Dwight is a master at that.  It took him a while to get everything straightened out.

In the meantime, I was working on my iPhone.  Thanks to some long distance help from Lori, I can now log our finds from my phone without sending everything to Facebook.  Now my challenge will be to catch up on posting the many finds that we have made in the past week or so.

Since we never did get back to our shopping spree, In-N-Out (#11) soothed my disappointment.  And it gave us some more visiting time with the “gang.”

There was a rather unusual cache placed in the area.  The person hiding it wrote part of the instructions with a UV pen.  To read it, a UV light was required.  Dwight and Sheila went to many places in Yuma before finding a light.  With that in hand, they were able to solve the mystery.  Thanks to their efforts, we were able to log the find, also.  There is just no end to the crazy, clever, creative ways some cachers will go to entertain the rest of us.

I spent quite a bit of time tonight catching up on some of the logging that I had missed.  I made a dent, but still have quite a ways to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment