Thursday, February 20, 2014

February 20, 2014---Yuma, Arizona


Brave Bill and and his side kick, Trusty Todd, went back out onto the bombing range early this morning to finish a series of caches they had started two days ago.

“While the cat’s away, the mice will play!”  Bonnie, Nancy, Ardene, and I, along with two other beaders, went to a craft sale at one of the RV parks.  It was a huge affair, with a wide variety of items for sale, most of which were handmade.  

We shopped for about an hour and a half before deciding it was time for lunch.  We ate at a pita place.  The food was really good and the servings were big.  In spite of the fact that I ordered a child’s size pita, I could only eat half of it.

From there we went to see Layl, a beader who has a shop in her home.  Bonnie took me there last year.  The selection of beads and other supplies was good.  I bought several tubes of seed beads.  My supply just keeps growing.  I’m glad I have Lori to share my “loot” with.  At least that’s my excuse and I’m sticking with it.

Before going home, we went to a nut and bolt store to buy tiny little nuts.  Bonnie had a pattern for using them like beads.  It sounds like a clever idea...a bracelet a man might like!

After dinner, I worked on logging caches.  I made a good dent in the huge number I have to do to catch up.  I can actually see a light at the end of the tunnel.  Yikes!  I hope it doesn’t have a train attached to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment