Saturday, February 8, 2014

February 8, 2014---Yuma, Arizona


It was another very busy day for us.  We left the house shortly after 7:00.  After getting Eric from his hotel, we went into Yuma for an early morning gathering of cachers from all over.

After logging a cache that actually hadn’t been activated yet, we went to McDonald’s for breakfast.  We wanted to stay in that part of town until the Post Office opened at 9:00.  While waiting, we found another cache.  “No moss must grow under our feet.”

Todd and I both had packages to mail.  His was ready and my two needed boxes.  When he had finished with his he came to help me.  I think we probably looked like a circus crew.  I had Brent’s package ready to address, but what I was sending to Matthew was a different matter.  In that package was a small Army tank I bought for him in Mexico.  It was wrapped in a school bag Connor had left in our car when we left Loveland over a month ago.  In it was also a pair of gym shorts.  I put birthday cards and checks in the bag, too.  I’ve really gotten behind in my grandmotherly duties lately.

From there, we went to sign in for a special set of caches.  They took us to all parts of the city introducing us to different areas over the last 100 years.  It was very interesting, but it had us running all around the place.  We have no idea how many miles we covered, but it was a lot.  

During all of the running around, we also logged several extra caches.  One of them was very different.  We had to release a rope holding a large cache way up in a tree, and lower it so we could open it and sign the log.  Once that chore was out of the way, the cache container had to be raised to its location once again and the rope secured.  It was all really quite clever.

We were scheduled to have dinner in a restaurant in Old Town Yuma, but we were very tired by then and decided to avoid the crowd and go elsewhere to eat.  

Our total caches for today added up to 20, but we did 15 more we had to have to solve a puzzle.  Wow!  What a day!

I have been having a bit of a problem with my iPad, but JP was able to solve it for me.  He is such a good Mac guru!

No comments:

Post a Comment