Wednesday, February 26, 2014

February 26, 2014---Yuma to Tucson, Arizona


We were on I-8 heading east at 10:00.  Our destination for today is the county fairgrounds in Tucson.  We plan to meet up with Dwight and Sheila there.

We had a good time in Yuma.....lots of geocaching, a great beading group, lots of eating out, a fantastic craft sale, and best of all, time with good friends.  Can’t get much better than that.

We stopped in Gila Bend for lunch and a quick nap for Super Pilot.  While he slept, I got my beading tray out and worked a few more rows on the bracelet I started in class yesterday.  It is nice to have the desk and be so much better organized.

We turned onto I-10 and stopped at Flying J for fuel.  Whiie we were there, Dale, Jr’s car hauler pulled in.  We also saw Clint Boyer’s hauler.  NASCAR races in Phoenix this weekend.  The cashier in Flying J said she imagined we had seen a lot of interesting things in all our years on the road.  Today proved her right.  Before we got to the turnoff to the camp ground, we had seen haulers for Carl Edwards, Jimmie Johnson, Greg Biffle, Denny Hamlin, and Tony Stewart.

We parked at the fairgrounds and rested until it was time to go to supper.  This may possibility be our last time for In-N-Out for a long time...#13.  Sigh...and sniff, sniff, too.

Before going to bed, I finished two bracelets I had started in class.  I also started a new one in blue, yellow, and white.

Today’s Travel Totals:  Mileage, 243---Critter count, 1 coyote.

No comments:

Post a Comment