Monday, August 10, 2015

August 10, 2015---FamCamp, Monterey to Camping World, San Martin, CA



At 8:30, Bill and I went to the rental house to give out “goodbye” hugs.  JP and Rosie came to join in the “hugfest.”  We had such a wonderful time.  It was a beautiful, fun event.

The wedding was yesterday, August 9.  I was playing catch up with my blog and couldn’t stay up to report on all the festivities.

So here goes...the bride came down the staircase at 3:00.  She had a beautiful, lace dress.  It was a simple design and suited Rosie perfectly.  The celebration lasted until 9:00.  That might have been difficult to handle if she had had yards and yards of lace and a train.  As it was, she was “comfortable” as well as beautiful throughout the night.

I told JP he cleaned up really nicely.  And he did.  He looked very handsome in his three piece suit.  You can tell that I was very proud of them both.

The five attendants wore full length light blue dresses.  They all looked beautiful and the groomsmen looked handsome in their suits.  Because we have had the privilege of being involved in JP’s life these last 25 years, we knew most of the groomsman.  It was kind of like a reunion.

After the ceremony, which was outdoors, the chairs were rearranged and tables set up. The small table was placed in the arbor which Rosie’s mother had decorated with a variety of flowers.  The weather was perfect and so was the setting.  We were served canapés, drinks, salad, slices of chicken and beef, with rice and garlic mashed potatoes.  It was all very elegant.  Dessert was wedding cake and the cupcakes that we had frosted.

There was recorded music.  We had told JP and Rosie some of our favorites.  Mine was “Misty.”  When it began to play, I looked at JP and he gave me a thumbs up.  That was a special moment between a grandma and her “oh so special” grandson. 

There was dancing.  The music was too loud, but we knew how to turn it down, which we had to do several times.  Unfortunately, I wasn’t up to dancing, but I enjoyed watching.  I know I may have omitted things and got others mixed up, because my memory is sketchy.  But I can tell you it was a beautiful wedding...

Bill and I left the campground at 12:00, went to Gilroy, ate lunch at In-N-Out, and parked at Camping World for the night.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Raymonda! It's Nancy from Rhode Island. We met about 12 yrs ago. Check out my post on your Aug 6th entry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, we remember you. Just a few days I was thinking of you. Bill and I have been on the road for 17 years. Our coach has over 200,000 miles on it. I can't remember your daughter's name, but I seem to remember she lived in Tucson. I don't do anything with Face Book, but I am glad you do. I had a heart attack New Years Day, so we were late getting rolling again after the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 17 years on the road! Sorry to hear about your heart attack. Take it easy next New Year's Eve, will ya. Haha. Danielle moved back to RI from Nashville 10 years ago and got married 5 years ago. She happens to drive a Tucson, though, so you were on the right wave length. We miss our trailers...we had 2 for a few years....one at this park in Maine and one to travel with....but we do love our park model in Maine now. Nice catching up with you.

    ReplyDelete