Friday, August 21, 2015

August 21, 2015---Oregon City Elks CG

When I woke up at 8:30, Bill was taking a nap on the sofa.  He and Todd had already gone for an early morning walk.  I was cold, so I got back in my warm bed.  I didn’t wake up until 10:30.  I love retirement!

We were surprised by a visit from Jay and Marki, former racing buddies from Portland.  We hadn’t seen them for a long time.  They had bought a house in Seaside, but I think they sold it about the time we moved into our motorhome fulltime.  They have a house in the Chandler, AZ area.  Hopefully, we will see them this winter.

The Camby Fair is in progress now, so we went with Todd and Bonnie.  We had a really good time.  We went to the display of baked items, quilts, sewing projects, and paintings.  There were lots of food booths where we got snacks and listened to music while we ate.

Todd, Bill, and I found a shady place to rest while Bonnie went to the display of 4H things.  I walked around the area of the rides.  Every place was busy. 

We all met back at the shady place and decided it was perhaps time to go home.  Two of us aren’t use to that much walking.  A little bit of “fair” goes a long way with Bill.  I’m sure Bonnie would have liked to stay longer and see more displays, but she knew Todd and I had pushed ourselves to the limit.  The fair was a lot of fun.  Bill and I were very glad to have been able to go with Todd and Bonnie.

On the way home, we stopped at McDonald’s for ice cream.

At 6:00, we went to the Elks Lodge for hamburgers.  While we ate at a picnic table, we visited with people going by.  This is a very friendly group of people.

I doubt that I will have any trouble sleeping tonight.  I have done a lot of walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment