Wednesday, August 5, 2015

August 5, 2015---Camping World to Elks Lodge, Watsonville, CA

We decided, when we were greeted by a sunny day, that it would be a good day to geocache.  We started “on the hunt” at about 10:30.

Our first location was at a city tennis court park.  It involved going down a hill, crossing a flat area, and climbing up a steep grassy hill.  I was able to navigate that part of the cache.  We weren’t able, however, to find the “treasure” even though we searched for about 20 minutes.  Going back toward the car was a challenge.  I held onto Bill going down the steep part, but I was able to make it back to the car without more help.

The next cache was at the edge of a cemetery.  We parked about five feet from the cache.  Bill found it rather quickly.

Cache number three took us down a path to a rec. trail, where we had to walk about a quarter of a mile.  While Bill was signing the log book, I decided to go off the trail for just a few feet to pick wild blackberries.  Not too good of an idea.  My balance has deteriorated these last couple of weeks and it didn’t improve toady.  I came very near to falling in the bush.  My cane was what saved me from getting into that very “stickery” situation.  Super Hero came to my rescue at the last second.  I was kind of shaky after that adventure, and I still had to climb up the steep path to get back to the car.

We decided it was time to eat lunch.  That usually perks me up, but not today.  We decided to go home and rest.  That was a good choice.  We had pushed the limit further than we meant to.

No comments:

Post a Comment