Monday, August 24, 2015

August 24, 2015---Oregon City Elks CG

I started the day with French Toast and a morning nap.  I was going to need the extra fortification.

We went to Costco.  The first thing Todd wanted to do was eat lunch.  Of course, none of the rest of us voted against him.  It had been awhile since I had a Polish hot dog at Costco.  That’s been a favorite of mine for many years.  I don’t know if my taste buds have changed, but it wasn’t as good as I remembered.  The bun wasn’t very fresh and the hotdog lacked the usual taste.  I think my “taster” is getting old...just like the rest of me.

Verizon was too busy, so we went to Bobby and Val’s house.  They are Todd and and Bonnie’s son and daughter-in-law.  Bobby was at work, but we got to see Val.  And her four month old granddaughter was there.  I had heard about how happy she was, and they hadn’t exaggerated.  She was all smiles.  It had been a long time since I had held a baby, and it was wonderful!  That was the best medicine for me.

We went to Fred Meyer for a few groceries and to Dollar Tree for some mango juice for me.  On our way back to the campground, we stopped at a produce place for peaches, plums, and bananas.  As soon as we got back to the MH, I took a nap.  I was way down on energy.

At 8:00, we went to Todd and Bonnie’s MH to visit and watch a TV program.  Tomorrow, we head south for work on the motorhome.  We have had a good visit with them, and with Dwight and Sheila, and Bobby and Val.  It was good for us to come back up here for this extra time while waiting for our MH appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment