Saturday, August 15, 2015

August 15, 2015---Oregon City Elks CG

Today was a sleep day for me.

Bill fixed a really good breakfast this morning.  He had to wake me up to eat, but he said I could go back to sleep after I finished eating.  At that point, I was cold so I turned my electric blanket on to high, covered myself with a thick blanket, and crawled back into bed.  I don’t remember what time it was, but at 2:00, Bill woke me to tell me we had company.

Ardene and Bill are friends from Yuma who are from this area originally.  It was really good to see them.  We hadn’t seen them for nearly two years, because we didn’t get to go to Yuma last year.  I was too busy “entertaining” myself in the hospital.

We have known them for a long time.  Their grandson, Brandon. has been my special friend since he was about six.  He is now 14, and playing football in high school.  He has been getting older, but I haven’t.  How does that happen?

When Ardene and Bill left at 4:00, I took a nap on the sofa.  I did tell you it was a sleep day for me, didn’t I?

Tonight, we had dinner with Todd and Bonnie.  And of course, the pups were there.  I am enjoying having them around.  They are extra special pets...Lexie and Maggie.  Todd and Bonnie are special, too, but neither of them will let me scratch their tummies!  Imagine that!

No comments:

Post a Comment