Thursday, January 14, 2016

January 14, 2016—An RV lot in Yuma, Arizona



Two hours before leaving for the airport this morning, I got a call that my flight had been canceled and my trip would have to be delayed until tomorrow.  Oh, no!  We immediately left for the airport to discuss the situation with American Airlines.

And discuss it we did…for an hour and a half.  I put my “little old gray haired lady” mode in place and persevered.  We finally got it all settled.  My flight didn’t leave for two hours so Bill took me to In-N-Out to sooth my jangled nerves.  Such a good guy!

I finally made it to Phoenix.  I didn’t have to wait to long for my plane to Dallas, but once we left the gate, after hearing some scraping noises, we sat on the tarmac for about 30 minutes.  There was an electrical problem that couldn’t be fixed remotely so we had to go back to the terminal to get some “real” help.

Twenty minutes later we were on our way to Dallas.  It was a bumpy ride but we got there in one piece.  That was the good part.  The not so good part was that I missed my connecting flight to Jackson.

American Airlines got me a room at the Wingate.  And vouchers for dinner and breakfast.  I was too tired to use the dinner ticket.  We’ll see about breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment