Saturday, January 23, 2016

January 23, 2016—Brent’s in Brandon, Mississippi



 At noon, we sat off on a shopping trip.  But before we could actually hit the stores, we decided lunch was in order.

Sara and Brent had talked about a place called Tropical Smoothie Cafe.  Not only did they make great smoothies, but they made really good wraps.  I got a mango pineapple smoothie, but ate part of Brent and Sara’s chicken wraps. 

With happy tummies, we went to the Outlet Mall in Pearl.  My main goal was to buy a pair of tennis shoes.  I tried on several brands at three different stores and finally found some comfortable Adidas’.  I’ve never worn that brand, so we’ll see how they work for me.  The kids each bought several things, and so did Courtney. 

Brent was the only one who came home empty handed.  His main job today was to keep me upright and he did a wonderful job.

Before returning home, we stopped at Penney’s in Flowood.  I needed some warmer turtleneck sweaters.  I only brought one, in anticipation of a warmer climate.  Wrong!

For dinner, Brent made butternut squash soup.  It was really good.  I even had seconds.  He also served grilled cheese and bacon sandwiches.  Once again we had happy tummies!

We played Sequence, a board game of Coleson’s choice.  Guess who won?  Coleson!

No comments:

Post a Comment