Monday, January 4, 2016

January 4, 2016—An RV lot in Yuma, Arizona

We woke up to the sound of rain on the roof this morning.  It was a pleasant sound…one we don’t often here in Arizona.  It rained off and on most of the day.  I don’t think there was much accumulation, at least not in this part of town.

We didn’t go anywhere all day.  I seldom get an entire day at home.  I made good use of my time.  I opened a huge amount of mail that Michelle had sent to us.  Other than some things for 2015 Income Tax filing, there wasn’t much of any importance.  The taxes will have to wait until I get back from Mississippi.  It is nice to have all of that sorted and some of it filed where it belongs.  That’s different, eh?

You know that I have been concerned about my diminishing brain power.  I found some information that was some comfort to me.  Brains of older people are slow because they know so much. People do not decline mentally with age, it just takes them longer to recall facts because they have more information in their brains, scientists believe. Much like a computer struggles as the hard drive gets full, so too, do humans take longer to access information when their brains are full.

Researchers say this slowing down process is not the same as cognitive decline. The human brain works slower in old age, but only because we have stored more information over time. The brains of older people do not get weak. On the contrary, they simply know more. Also, older people often go to another room to get something and when they get there, they stand there wondering what they came for. It is NOT a memory problem, it is nature's way of making older people get more exercise.  This is my theory and I’m sticking to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment