Friday, January 1, 2016

January 1, 2016—An RV lot in Yuma, Arizona

Happy New Year, everyone!  We are looking forward to a year of continued improvement.  It has been a long slow process, but when we compare January 1, 2015 to today we can certainly see a lot of progress.  There’s still quite a ways to go, but we are encouraged.

I had a good night’s sleep last night and felt good, so I ask Bill if he would like for me to make him an omelet for breakfast.  He quickly accepted my offer.  It has been well over a year (maybe two), since I have been moved to such domesticity.  I am sure it won’t happen again in this decade, if ever.

Although Bill said he really liked it, I think his taste buds are way out of whack and he was trying to encourage me.  I, however, realized my current limitations and won’t soon forget the experience.  I used a skillet that was too small and the three little eggs turned tough and leathery.  I didn’t know if I wanted to re-sole my tennis shoes or add another row of bricks to our patio.  Oh, my goodness!  Every time I apologized for my lame efforts, Bill scolded me.  Finally he showed me that he was a member of the clean plate club, which I was not, so that was the end of the discussion.  It was so sad it was just plain old funny!

We walked with Todd and Lexie this morning, even stopping at a garage sale along the way.  That was a treat for me, although I wasn’t even remotely tempted to purchase anything, from 10 cent paperback books to an $11,000.00 off road vehicle…er, fun machine!

Back at home, we watched a football game and a movie…a Western of course, and napped.  I wanted to go to In-N-Out for supper.  It seemed like a good way to start 2016.  And I wasn’t even tempted to cook anything.  I am positive I could make a disaster of a PNB sandwich.

Bill found this little story on the RV Forum which he checks daily.  I thought you might enjoy it…2016 Seenager Thoughts to Ponder

I am a Seenager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 60 years later. I don't have to go to school or work. I get an allowance every month. I have my own pad. I don't have a curfew. I have a driver's license and my own car. I have ID that gets me into bars and the whiskey store. The people I hang around with are not scared of getting pregnant. And I don't have acne. Life is Good!

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment