Saturday, January 9, 2016

January 9, 2016—An RV lot in Yuma, Arizona

While Bill and Todd went to a car show at the Fairgrounds, I stayed home.  I got a little “uncluttering” taken care of, I rested, and I made a couple of phone calls that were long overdue…one to Debbie, in Mississippi, to let her know I would see her in a few days.  She reads my Blog so she already knew I would soon be on my way. 

I also called Janna, Bill’s niece who lives in the Houston area.  We had a lot of family news to catch up on.  Hopefully, we will get by to see her later in the spring.

We spent most of the rest of the day watching football playoff games.  The first game was rather “ho hum.”  I hoped the Texans would win.  They were considered the underdogs, I think.  Unfortunately, they came up with the short end of the stick.  Kansas City Chiefs will go on to the next level.

The late game between the Bengals and the Steelers was a different matter.  They have a rivalry that brought a lot of conflict to the game.  The teams had played each other earlier this season and “conflict” would be putting it mildly. 

They played most of the game in the pouring rain.  I am sure that didn’t help the situation any, but the players on both teams were acting like spoiled little boys.  I always thought stomping around in the rain made little boys happy.  Not today!  There were numerous confrontations.  As a Kindergarten teacher, I thought several of them needed time out. 

The “naughtyness” got worse at the end of the game.  The Bengals were ahead by two with just a couple of minutes left.  So what did they do?  They caused a ruckus…twice…and were penalized, putting the Steelers in field goal range.  Guess what?  Their young kicker nailed it and they won by one point.  Wow!  What a finish!  I am not a Steelers fan, but the Bengals beat themselves.  Both teams need a good dose of anger management before they meet next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment