Wednesday, July 16, 2014

July 16, 2014---Michelle’s in Loveland, Colorado


Bill took me to Meredith’s this morning.  We sat in their backyard, with a view of the lake, watching the three dogs play.  The weather was cool, but sunny.  It was a very pleasant time.

When Brent, Coleson, and Sara were up and about, and Brent had washed his car, we set off for some fun.  As the Mississippi group drove into Loveland, they saw a Chipotle Mexican Grill.  They had heard of them, but hadn’t had the opportunity to eat at one.

When we got in line and to the ordering place, I ask if I could order a kids meal.  Yes, I could, so I had a plate with a cheese quesadilla, black beans, rice, and a soda.  Meredith thought I might ask for apple juice, but Brent voted I would probably go for chocolate milk.  They were having a hilarious time at my expense.  And to think, I raised those two.  Where did I go wrong?!!!!!!

We went to a pet store for dog treats and to King Sooper for people treats, before going back to Meredith and Dwaine’s house.  We had rain, off and on from noon until supper time.  The dog’s were able to be in the yard for a while, but the rest of us stayed inside.

We had planned to go to Michelle’s for dinner, but because there were so many of us, it was decided some of the food and the people would come to Meredith’s.  Brent and Sara went to Michelle’s to help assemble lasagna.  They came back with two pans of the good stuff to be baked, and served with salad and hot bread.  It was all very good.

After dinner, everyone (except Bill and me) went to walk the dogs on the trail.  They called to say there were elk headed our way.  Meredith and Dwaine have a nice backyard.  Beyond the fence, Dwaine has altered the area to make more yard.  A wire fence divides the yard from a canal.  The elk were just on the other side of the canal.  We couldn’t have been closer and been safe.  It was quite a show!


Look closely at the picture.  Brent and Willie are walking on the trail.
Brent, the wire fence, the canal, and the elk.

No comments:

Post a Comment