Wednesday, July 30, 2014

July 30, 2014---Michelle’s in Loveland, Colorado


We had rain all day long.  It was very good for the grass.  Some areas close to us had flooding, but it was okay here.

The drippy weather didn’t keep Lori, Sara, and me from shopping, however.  We went to Centerra Mall.  After going into several stores, we met at Coldwater Creek.  Their stores, nationwide, are closing, which was news to me.  

Today was their last day to be open.  Everything was 95% off...or as they say in Mexico, “Almost free.”  I bought four cardigan sweaters, for $2.00 or $3.00 each.  I am usually cold, so these will be a nice addition to my meager wardrobe.  I also bought two or three other things.  When I got home I told Bill I purchased $346.00 worth of clothes.  I didn’t fool him for one minute.  He knows I wouldn’t ever spend that much on “glad rags.”  Actually I spent a total of $19.  Lori did even better than I did and Sara also bought two or three things.  All in all, it was a great shopping trip.

On our way home, we stopped at Arby’s for a late lunch.  On our way in a couple leaving gave us some coupons which saved us several dollars on our total bill.  Rats!  We could have bought another sweater or two!

I was tired from all that shopping, so a nap was what I needed.  

It was still cold and raining at dinner time.  Michelle made potato soup and chicken noodle soup.  They were both really good, especially on a cold night.

Our picnic place on Sunday gave us a view of a regatta on Grand Lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment