Sunday, July 6, 2014

July 6, 2014---Michelle’s in Loveland, Colorado


At 8:00, Bill and I rounded up Meredith and Dwaine, left the pups at home, and went to Fort Collins.  Our first stop was at the Egg and I for breakfast.  We sat on the patio and had a leisurely morning meal.

From there, we set out to geocache.  Our first two tries turned into DNFs.  That was discouraging.  We had grown “rusty” during our absence from the sport.  It has been over a month since we had logged a find.

We were successful with the next five caches.  They were all in an older part of Fort Collins, near the University.  It is a beautiful area of well maintained homes.  All five caches were very creative...challenges, but fun.  We met a local cacher at the last place and had a nice visit with him.  All part of the fun!

As soon as Bill and I got back home, I took a long nap.  I certainly get tired easily these days.  Michelle and I made a quick trip to Walmart at 3:00.  While we were in the store, there was a very loud clap of thunder.  We thought we would encounter rain when we got outside, but it was not to be.

Michelle made calzones for dinner.  They were so good.  Meredith and Dwaine came to join us and we all ate out at the picnic table.  It was a pleasant way to end a rather hot day.  The high today was 91°.  That’s warmer than any of us like.

I read for about an hour after dinner.  Now I’ll need to make a trip to the library to return the book...a Stephanie Plum mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment