Monday, August 11, 2014

August 11, 2014---FMCA Convention, Redmond, Oregon


We had errands to go on this morning before it got too hot.  We first went to Walmart to get my prescription, only to find out that there was a snag and the doctor in Loveland had to be called.

Then we went to Lowe’s and I stayed in the car.  A few minutes later, Bill called to say there were some rugs I might want to come in to look at.  So in I went...and I had a very frightening experience.

I was walking along looking at all of their rug displays.  Two workers were restocking, some of the rugs being room sized, and the rolls were very big and tall and heavy.  I turned around to go back up the aisle when one of the big rolls fell out of the display area.  It hit my right hand, which was really no big deal.  But it frightened me terribly.  I thought I was going to pass out.  

I was so scared I could hardly breath.  It was such a close call.  If I had been just a few inches further on down the aisle, it would have been disastrous.  It really shook me up.  It took me quite a while to get back to normal...whatever that might be!

We went back home, ate lunch, and I took a long nap.  When I got up the temperature had risen, both inside the motorhome and outside.  Bill suggested we go for my Rx and I could just sit in the cool car.  That was a good plan.  After Walmart, we went for ice cream.

After dinner, we had a storm blow through...lightening, thunder, and rain.  Once again it cooled things off.

No comments:

Post a Comment